Sunday, April 18, 2010

More Useful Than You Think

Windows Vista does not seem to come with a program to unzip files. I don't know about Windows 7, but I doubt it does either. So the first few times I downloaded a zip file or a rar files, I could do nothing with it, nor was I as versed with what the files even did as I am now.

Searching through the internet for the best file archiver (programs that put many files together into one file which can then be opened and the individual files then used again: think package) I found a file called 7-Zip which handles most type of archived files and has one of the better compression algorithms allowing you to make the archives smaller and easy to download. It is also very easy to use.

So if you are fed up with your archiving program, whether it be WinZip or some other program which is hard to use, download 7-Zip and don't worry about it again.

I should mention that many of the files here are uploaded to MediaFire in archived files so if you wish to use this website extensively, an archiving file will come in handy.



DOWNLOAD (32 bit) - http://www.mediafire.com/?owu4nu4ywj0
DOWNLOAD (64 bit) - http://www.mediafire.com/?tr1g3tn4g2q

No comments:

Post a Comment